Start here, go anywhere!
Volunteer for The Summit Foundation!
27th annual Summit County Parade of Homes
Volunteer to staff a ticket-selling home and get a free wrist band to visit all of the homes in the parade. This year, the Parade of Homes takes place over two weekends: September 17-18 and September 24-25
Other Nonprofit Volunteer Opportunities
Summit Public Radio & TV: Summit Public Radio & TV brings public media to Summit County via our translator towers on Bald Mountain.
Media that would be otherwise unavailable in our mountain valleys includes: Classical music radio via KCME (public radio), jazz music radio via KUVO (public radio), the only Spanish language radio available in Summit County, All of the over-the-air television service (antenna) including Telemundo Spanish language television.
For second-homeowners, SPRTV provides antenna TV service, an alternative for costly monthly payments for cable.
SPRTV could use your help:
- Volunteers Needed: Summit Public Radio & TV brings public media to Summit County via our translator towers on Bald Mountain. SPRTV is looking for Board Members with technical expertise to help SPRTV complete the replacement power line to the Electronics Site. This is a great opportunity for retired engineers, planners, attorneys, and others with experience in government relations or technical fields. Affinity for public media is a plus.
- Antenna-served TV available in Summit County via SPRTV. SPRTV would like to inform people of the availability of antenna-served television. For new residents and second-homeowners, this is a cost-effective way to still receive the major Denver stations, public television, and many other channels for the cost of an antenna and a donation to SPRTV (we hope!)
Find out more about SPRTV HERE
Blue River Horse Center: Blue River Horse Center offers the opportunity to volunteer with rescued horses who are being rehabilitated for adoption. No previous horse experience is necessary, they can train you in horsemanship whilst developing your self awareness and confidence. And if you want to help with Ranch maintenance and repairs but not be hands on with horses they have work for you! Check out their website for ways you can get involved HERE
ReSaddled Thrift store, which supports the Blue River Horse Center, needs volunteers to help sort donations, work in the store , tidy, help shoppers and donors and merchandise the donations we have. We can be flexible with an hour here and there, a regular schedule and even Community Service. 252 Warren Ave, Silverthorne, 80497
BOEC: There are winter and summer volunteer opportunities available. Sign up today! Sign up HERE
CASA: CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates) of the Continental Divide guides volunteer advocates who ensure a child’s safety, best interest and well-being are at the forefront of legal proceedings.
We need volunteer advocates to support youth in our community! If you are interested in representing a child in need, please contact us today to start your volunteer journey. Contact us and/or apply through our website: www.mtncasa.org
Habitat For Humanity: Habitat For Humanity is looking for volunteers! For volunteer opportunities, check out their website HERE
Far View Horse Rescue: Our Rescues NEED you!! We are looking for some volunteers to help us out at the Far View Horse Rescue in Fairplay, CO. Looking for individuals that could do something on both a regular basis _2-4 shifts/month AND/OR help here and there! PLEASE call/text Laura at 970-333-7353 if you can support! Our goal is provide each volunteer with an experience that connects them to our rescue horses and keeps you coming back. We also provide ongoing training and clinic opportunities to help develop horsemanship skills that will allow volunteers, that are interested in working with the horses. Consider joining this amazing non-profit (100% volunteer run) organization today!
FIRC: YOUR COMMUNITY NEEDS YOU! FIRC's Food Market helped 685 families save up to $400 a month in fresh groceries from March 2020 to April 2021. Help us continue providing to our community by volunteering. Please click HERE
Summit Advocates: Here are some volunteer opportunities currently available with Summit Advocates.
- Our 24/7 crisis hotline is manned by dedicated volunteers. We require and provide 30 hours of volunteer training to prepare you to assist with our 24/7 on-call service for victims of domestic violence, sex assault and other traumas/crimes. Our volunteers are a tremendous help to staff and support to our clients and enable us to provide this crucial service.
- General Admin
- Work in our office answering phones, filing, and sending general correspondence. Help us sort through donations.
- Advocates host several events throughout the year. Volunteers help with preparation, check-in, and other tasks as needed.
- Other opportunities
- Wellness Workshops
- We are looking for volunteers to help lead our "Wellness Wednesday Workshops" starting Wednesday, March 16th and every Wednesday thereafter. Volunteers do not need to commit to leading every workshop.
- We are in need of babysitters during "Group Therapy for Women" on Tuesdays from 5:30-7pm.
- Help Beautify our Boutique
- We are in need of volunteers to help beautify our boutique. Our boutique is filled with generous donations from the community to help support survivors in need.
- Wellness Workshops
Anyone interested in volunteering/all questions can be directed to Abby Arisco, their Volunteer Program Coordinator - firstname.lastname@example.org
Summit Lost Pet Rescue: Summit Lost Pet Rescue is an animal protection and welfare organization devoted to educating the public about lost pet prevention, finding lost pets in Summit County Colorado and reuniting them with their owners. We save lives and keep families together, and so far over 300 lost pets have been FOUND safe!! It takes a village to find lost pets and we are grateful for the support from all of our Summit County community. If you'd like to get involved to volunteer or donate, please visit our website- www.lostpetrescue.org or contact Melissa Davis at email@example.com
Breckenridge Outdoor Education Center: Since 1976, people living with disabilities and special needs have come to Breckenridge for the positive, life-changing effects of the therapeutic outdoor activities offered by the Breckenridge Outdoor Education Center (BOEC). With a relatively small core staff of dedicated individuals, the BOEC relies heavily on the assistance of volunteers to help make the winter Adaptive Ski & Snowboard Program and summer Wilderness Program run effectively. So, if you’re interested in getting active in the outdoors and making a difference in the lives of many, consider volunteering for the BOEC today. Please visit their volunteer page HERE or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to apply today.
Eagle Summit Wilderness Alliance: Eagle Summit Wilderness Alliance is an all-volunteer organization committed to the health and preservation of the three Wilderness Areas located in Eagle and Summit Counties, Colorado - Eagles Nest, Holy Cross, and Ptarmigan Peak. They help the US Forest Service look after these Wilderness Areas. While they contain some remote and rugged terrain, they are nevertheless fragile ecosystems that are slow to heal and are being "loved to death." More than 50,000 visitors hiked on one trail alone in Eagles Nest in 2020!
They offer many volunteer opportunities, which you can find HERE
Upcoming volunteer opportunities:
Contact: email@example.com if you are interested and to find out more information.
Friends of the Dillon Ranger District: There are a number of volunteer opportunities this summer with FDRD. Be sure to check out their volunteer opportunity page for a calendar of events. Click HERE
High Country Conservation: Upcoming Volunteer Opportunities:
Keystone Bluegrass & Beer
Saturday, August 6th & Sunday, August 7th: Volunteers are needed for several positions including will call, brewery tent helpers, food booth workers, and more. Volunteers receive a t-shirt and a drink token or food tickets, plus a discount to one day of the festival.
Grow to Share Harvest Help
Mondays, July-October: Help harvest fresh produce for the Summit County Grow-to-Share program. This program provides local produce, nutritional education, and hands-on-gardening experiences to qualified families in Summit County.
Sign up to Volunteer HERE
Wildlands Restoration Volunteers: Join us on this overnight trail-building project in Frisco. The Peaks Trail is an epic ride from the town of Frisco to near the base of Peak 8 in Breck. Some of these high peaks hold snow well into summer, creating almost year-round creeks and wet meadows. The bridges along the trail were constructed almost 30 years ago of locally available timbers and are now decayed and unsafe and sinking into the water they were intended to span. This year, WRV returns to reconstruct one of the largest structures on the Peaks Trail, a 400 ft boardwalk at the popular Zach's Stop trailhead.
Education Foundation of the Summit: The Foundation is dedicated to supporting the public school students and teachers in Summit County. We'd love to get you involved! Join us as a volunteer to support education:
- Summer—Join with other Education Foundation directors and supporters to volunteer at local non-profit events that raise money to support our community.
- School Year—The Foundation supports schools throughout the year and volunteers are needed to support mentoring and other activities in Summit School District schools.
Please contact them HERE to start your volunteer journey!
Smart Bellies: Smart Bellies needs some delivery drivers!!
- 1-3 hour commitment (depending on where you live)
- Deliver anytime on Friday between 10am and 2:30pm
- Routes all over Summit County
- Make a child's weekend by bringing them delicious and nutritious food!
Sign up at: www.smartbellies.org/volunteer
The Give Magazine
The Give magazine helps you learn more about our local nonprofits and the work they do in Summit County.
Each year, we provide over $1.5M in grants to support local nonprofits. We are fortunate to have such a caring community supported by so many nonprofits.
Click HERE to view a complete list of local nonprofits that we've supported over the years.
New to Summit County? Let's get acquainted!!
Local Nonprofit List
Click below for a complete list of local nonprofits
Start The Conversation
Get in touch with us to learn how we can connect you with the community