Helping Students Achieve
As the largest scholarship provider in Summit County, The Summit Foundation is committed to helping hard-working students achieve their dreams of college or other post-secondary education. A committee of the Foundation’s Board of Trustees reviews all applicants and makes selections based on academic achievement, financial need, and leadership/community service.
When students apply to The Summit Foundation for a scholarship, they are also considered for an award from our community partners or over 20 scholarship funds managed by the Foundation.
- More than $4 million has been awarded to over 1,500 high school graduates
- The pre-collegiate program at Summit High School has helped increase the graduation rate of the high school's first-generation students from 53% in 2009 to 100% in 2021
- Each year over 40% of our scholarships were awarded to first-generation college students
- In April 2022, over $300,000 was awarded by The Summit Foundation to 96 Summit High School graduates
"Thank you so much for this amazing opportunity! I am so grateful that students can apply for this scholarship because of the generosity of the community and their donations. I’m so excited to use this money to further my education in the field I would like to pursue. Specifically, psychology/criminology. My plans for the rest of my life are to help in criminal cases and provide support for victims and the general public. Thank you so much!"
- Sarah McGuire, 2020 Graduate