The Great (Virtual) Rubber Duck Race
A longstanding Summit County tradition, the Great Rubber Duck Race has supported our community for over three decades. Due to the COVID restrictions, and with the community's safety in mind, the 2020 Great Rubber Duck Race will not be a physical race. Instead, we are taking the race virtual!! We are excited to reimagine this great event so we can keep the tradition alive for 2020. We will still be providing hundreds of prizes, including a $1,500 grand prize for the Great Rubber Duck Race, a VIP Cat Tour for 12 at Keystone for the Business Battle Duck Race, and great kids prizes for the Kids Duck Race.
Winners List! Click on your race below and see if you won!! We will be reaching out to the winners soon to coordinate prize fulfillment.
Thank you for purchasing a duck and making a difference in our community.
Virtual Duck Race Information:
- Date: September 3rd, 6:00PM
- How to Watch: The Summit Foundation's Facebook Page. SCTV Ch.10/880
- Kids Duck Race: Open to kids 12 and younger. $5 per duck (no physical ducks with purchase this year)
- Business Battle Duck Race: Businesses duke it out for their chance to win a VIP Cat tour for 12 at Keystone Resort. $100 per duck
- Great Rubber Duck Race: Waddle your way to victory! Compete for a $1,500 grand prize. $5 per duck
How The Virtual Race Works
Some have been asking "What exactly is a Virtual Duck Race??" Great question! For this year only, when you purchase a duck, your name will be entered into our duck racing simulator, affectionately known as the "Quack O' Matic 3000". Once all of the names are entered, the Quack O'Matic 3000 will simulate all three Duck Races. If your duck wins, you win! With over a hundred prizes, the odds are pretty good. Deadline to purchase is Sept. 2 at noon. Buy a duck, make a difference!!
Thank you to our sponsors for keeping this tradition alive and supporting our community:
Great Rubber Duck Race
Kids Duck Race
River Spot Sponsors
If you need more information about our events, contact our Marketing & Events Manager, Brian